Writing content for your website may sound easy at first but for others, coming up with content that will generate traffic isn’t easy. One reason behind this is that they may not be familiar with the do’s and don’ts of web content writing. The question now is whether there are web content guidelines that you should follow.
Web Content Guidelines: Understanding the Do’s and Don’ts
- Create a plan. Build a roadmap of how you are going to build and deliver content for the website. This way, the higher ups will know how you’re going to approach the project and whether you will be able to meet the deadlines or not.
- Be creative. When it comes to personal development, let your creativity loose. For sure there is shortage of data as you can use surveys, polls, interviews, and the like to get the resources you need for your content. Think of unique website content ideas.
- Get your facts straight. If you are asked to research on a particular topic make sure that your facts are straight and that you provide ample sources to support them.
- Build your organization. Look at traditional publishers and see the hierarchy of their team. This way, everyone will know what role they will be playing when it comes to writing content.
- Stay legal. There are many websites that commit plagiarism without knowing about it but if you don’t want to be dragged through any legalities concerning content, it is best that you are aware of the legal stance your company is following.
- Don’t give in to pressure. When writing content don’t let the management pressure you into submitting a poorly written article because they need it fast. This is why having a plan in place is important.
- Don’t send a poorly researched paper. Even though your boss needs the article quickly, you shouldn’t send in a half-baked article. Things won’t go well with you if you do.
- Don’t write the wrong information. Data is important nowadays and when it comes to writing content, make sure that your sources are correct.
- Don’t build content without informing your team. It is important that you and your team are on the same page before you write so that there won’t be any errors during the writing phase.
- Don’t risk getting into a legal problem. If you know your company’s legal stance, make sure that you follow it.
What are Web Content Accessibility Guidelines?
Are there guidelines that you should follow when it comes to web content accessibility? Yes, there are. These guidelines started with 14 principles but most are no longer effective because they are not applicable to the current trends. Hence, the guidelines are further reduced to four principles only namely, Perceivable, Operable, Understandable, and Robust.
Get Professional Help with Guidelines
One of the problems of following web content guidelines is that many don’t conform with them. There are those who merely go through the guidelines without understanding them first which is why the contents of their website don’t usually work. The good news is that you can ask our website content writing services for help when it comes to writing content so you can rest easy knowing that the writing is following these guidelines.