Copywriting is different than any other type of writing and what you learned in school doesn’t always make for the most effective copywriting. Knowing the basic fundamentals of writing doesn’t hurt as long as you don’t let them get in your way. Your copy is meant to accomplish something and if that means not following the normal conventions of English grammar, that’s okay as long as it gets the job done. Writing effective copy doesn’t happen by accident but it may appear like it to some people. If it’s obvious to the reader that you put a lot of effort into it then it, then it probably won’t be effective.
Secrets of effective copywriting
There are no deep hidden secrets when it comes to effective copywriting. No secret formula or content writing strategies that experts are keeping to themselves. The keys to successful copywriting are given away every day. The problem is that for many people they want it to be more. If it is more difficult, more complicated, and more secret then it must be more effective. Until you take the advice to heart that experts are freely giving away, and act on it you won’t see the results you want.
Here are five secrets of copywriting that will make your copy more effective:
- Clear concise and compelling: That pretty much sums it up. Your copy must be clearly understood by the reader. Concise copy is easier to understand. It gets to the point and doesn’t distract from what you are trying to do. It must be compelling or people just won’t care. If you can’t make them care they won’t read on.
- Focus on one thing at a time: The most effect copy is that which focuses on one thing and one thing only. You should have a specific goal you are trying to accomplish with it, and everything you include should aim at that goal. Trying to do 10 things at once usually means nothing gets done.
- Benefits over features: You hear it stressed all the time and it is true. Talking about the features of something will usually result in the reader tuning you out. Write about how they will benefit. And don’t wait to let the reader know. Make your strongest points right off.
- Be honest: Don’t write like you are somebody you are not. It can be painful to see somebody try to fit themselves into the mold of something they aren’t. Write like you would talk to a friend or an acquaintance. You won’t get graded down for using contractions. People want to deal with somebody real. Undoubtedly there are some people who can fake it, but the majority of us will be spotted if we try to represent ourselves as something we aren’t.
- Don’t forget who you are writing for: Never forget your audience and their needs. The more you can think like your average reader, the better you will be able to communicate effectively. Think about what they need and want and you will be far more effective. When you begin to think more about moving product and less about what your audience needs then the effectiveness of your copy goes down.
Putting everything together still isn’t easy, and effective copywriting still takes plenty of hard work even when you know the secrets. If you own a business you may not have time to write the best copy with all of your other responsibilities. Professional copy writing services like ours can handle copywriting tasks for you so you can focus on running your business.
Our online copywriting service
We are one of the best online copywriting services in the business because we use some of the best copywriters in the industry. All of our writers have college degrees as well as extensive proven experience writing copy that gets results. They are able to consistently produce original effective copy that gets the job done. Using our professional copywriting services includes:
- Guarantee of complete satisfaction with all work we provide
- Fair and reasonable rates for high quality copywriting
- Easy online order and payment process
- Live customer support 24/7