Web content design is critical to your website’s success because the more visually engaging it is the higher the chances of your audience lingering longer and even encourage others to visit your site. Unfortunately, not all website owners understand the value of having a beautifully designed website or even how to create one. Should they be bombarding their audience with content or leave them bits of information along the way?
How to Improve Web Content Design
- White Space. Give your readers room to breathe visually. Leaving white space in your website makes it easier to your audience’ eyes not to mention give your content space to breathe.
- Intuitive Searching. This lets your customers jump to the information they are looking for without having to go through several pages.
- Information Hierarchy. You need to create a hierarchy of content for your website using various content types like blurbs, call to actions, and even excerpts.
- Graphical Planes, Borders, and Boxes. Segmenting information by incorporating graphical planes, boxes, and even borders make it easier for readers to find relevant content when in your home page.
- Grids. Putting information in a rigid grid may not work for certain companies but it does help readers process information better.
- Visual Hierarchy. How important certain areas in your website can be defined visually by applying saturation, typographic treatments, placement, as well as image sizes.
- Prioritization. It is important that you determine which information is best put on top of the others and which ones can be left hidden.
- Consistent Design. Uniformity can help make your website visually attractive to your users. By following a tried and tested template, it will be easier for you to engage your readers immediately.
- Semantic Categorization. When you organize information make sure that it is relevant to the user and not to you or your colleagues. Your customers are important and how you make it easier for them to process information can help give your website a boost.
- Build User Flowcharts. When designing your website, create a user flowchart that shows the path your customers will be taking around your website. This can help you determine which works and which doesn’t.
- Hidden Content. Hiding content can be more effective rather than revealing everything in one page. Not only does too much content can be visually unattractive but it will confuse readers at times too.
- Readability. Another trick to making your website better is to make it more readable to your clients. Using the right fonts, spacing, even column widths and using it throughout your web pages makes it clean and easier to read.
- User Adjustable. Sometimes, letting your users adjust their website viewing makes them more interested in reading your content because they can find a better view on their own.
Find Effective Web Content Solutions
Although there are several ways in which you can improve your content design, there is no one set rule to follow. It’s more on experimenting which one works best for you. As a website owner, you need to test your design and make adjustments as you see fit. You can use the tips mentioned above as your guide in developing content strategy for the web.
Choose Our Experts
A good web content design will bring traffic to your site which means you need to develop yours right from the start. If you need help creating yours, our web content services can assist you in developing a better looking site for your audience.