Your website homepage content is the first thing that your visitors will see when they drop by your site but how come you are not generating any leads even though your home page is where the necessary information about your company, products, and services are found. One of the possible reasons for this is that the content is not written for a specific audience. If you write content for a wider audience, chances are, you won’t be able to convert much because there are too many factors that need to be addressed first. So what should your homepage have?
10 Things Your Website Homepage Content Must Have
Following web content guidelines is essential when working on your strategy. This is what you need to know.
- Headline. This is the first thing that your readers will see so make your headline matter. In just a glance, your readers should know what your article will be about.
- Sub-headline. Right after the headline, this part of your homepage content should give an overview of the article.
- Benefits. Your readers would like to know what you can do for them and what advantages they can gain when they use your service.
- Call to Action. Incorporating two to three call-to-actions within your homepage can help drive customers to click on the link to go to a landing page that you want them to visit.
- Features. You should also include what features your business has that can’t be found in other companies.
- Show Proof. Do you want to build trust with your future customers? Show proof of past clients so you can bring peace of mind to those who want to make use of your service.
- Use Success Indicators. Any awards or certificates that you’ve received should be included in your home page so others will know that they are dealing with the right business.
- Better Navigation. You need to play how your customers will be navigating through your site. If they have to click several buttons just to get to the page that they want, chances are they will be leaving your site in just a few minutes.
- Add Images. There are some customers who are more on visual rather than texts so make sure that you add photos that are relevant to your content to your homepage to attract attention.
- Offer Content. If you really want your homepage to gain the interest of your viewers, build content offering such as eBook, whitepaper, or guide even.
Writing Content for Your Website Like a Pro
It is tough writing content for your homepage but you don’t have to worry about the flow when you can use the guide mentioned above. By integrating these elements to your homepage content, it will be easier for your readers to understand the message that you are trying to deliver without you having to explain things further. Keep in mind that headlines matter because you need to pique the interest of your readers at first glance. Follow this up with relevant content and you’ll have a new customer following your website.
Your website homepage content plays a huge role on whether you will be attracting new customers or not. It is important that you spend time developing your homepage so that it will be easier for you to get noticed among the crowd of online sellers and bloggers out there.
If you feel you need someone’s help to sort everything out, use our web content writing service then.