Is it possible that the freelance content writer you’re talking to is lying to you? Unfortunately, the answer is yes. There are plenty of content writers out there who will say anything just to get your business and then later on, leave you to your own devices, making up excuses as to why they weren’t answering emails, charging you an exorbitant fee, and the like.
10 Common Lies a Freelance Content Writer Says
- I can’t quote until you give more info. A true content writer will be able to give you a ballpark figure on how much it will cost you for a certain type of project.
- I have a degree in English lit. Degrees aren’t worth anything if you’re not good in writing quality content. And for the record, a degree in English lit is quite different from making writing sales articles that will compel others to purchase or hire your services.
- Your email was in the spam folder. This is one of the most used excuses by freelance writers who don’t want to deal with you. A professional freelance web content writer checks the spam folder on a regular basis to ensure that no emails are missed.
- You get exactly what you pay for. There are those who charge a high price for mediocre work while other writers charge cheap for quality content. A professional writer won’t make you feel like a Scrooge because he would rather direct you to his impressive portfolio than making you feel like a cheapskate and force you to pay a ridiculously high price.
- This content will sell to anyone. This is not true. High quality content is often written to reach a specific target. It’s hard to create content that targets everyone because there are several differences that you need to consider.
- Tell me your budget. A freelance copywriter who asks for your budget will most likely get all of it or make you add more. Professional writers will give you a quote based on their service regardless of your budget and from there, help you find solutions that will work with the price that you have in mind.
- You need to pay a high price because of the time it will take to finish your article. This is yet another lie that freelance copywriters say. An expert writer can churn up quality content within minutes.
- I can work on your order if you pay a certain fee. This is actually an effective psychological manipulation where the freelance writer makes you believe that he or she is in demand. Copywriters who are in-demand don’t have to tell you to pay a rush fee but will tell you to wait your turn because they already have a full plate.
- You just need a great copy to get sales. A good copy is just one part of the big picture. You still need to have a strategy, marketing plan, the right tools, and people to get the ball rolling.
- You should trust me because I know what I’m doing. This should sound the alarm bells in your head when the freelance writer you are talking to tells you to trust them because they know what they are doing. There is a huge chance that they don’t.
The Trouble with Outsource Content Writing
Another possible issue that may arise when dealing with some freelance writers is that they outsource their work. This may mean that the quality of the article that you are ordering may not be as good as you expect even though you paid good money for it. This is one of the reasons why it is important that you carefully choose which company to hire.
When your article is ready, do not forget to think of impressive web content design as it’s an essential part of the process.
Work with the Pros
When hiring a freelance content writer, take note of the lies mentioned above so you will have a better chance of spotting which ones are honest in their work and which ones aren’t. This way, you will be able to save money and time while getting proper results.
To avoid lazy writers use our professional web content services and enjoy cooperation.